Every month, members of the Program On Regulation, Therapeutics, And Legislation (PORTAL) overview the peer-reviewed medical literature to determine fascinating empirical research, coverage analyses, and editorials on well being regulation and coverage points.
Under are the citations for papers recognized from the month of September. The alternatives characteristic subjects starting from an examination of Park doctrine prosecutions of executives of pharmaceutical and medical system corporations, an evaluation of patent thickets masking biologic medicine, and a dialogue of product hopping methods amongst producers of inhalers. A full posting of abstracts/summaries of those articles could also be discovered on our website.
- Daval CJR, Avorn J, Kesselheim AS. Holding Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Executives Accountable as Responsible Corporate Officers. JAMA Intern Med. 2022 Sep 19. Epub forward of print.
- Feldman WB, Bloomfield D, Beall RF, Kesselheim AS. Brand-name market exclusivity for nebulizer therapy to treat asthma and COPD. Nat Biotechnol. 2022 Sep;40(9):1319-1325.
- Goode R, Chao B. Biological patent thickets and delayed access to biosimilars, an American problem. J Legislation Biosci. 2022 Sep 1;9(2):lsac022.
- Kapczynski A. The Political Economy of Market Power in Pharmaceuticals. J Well being Polit Coverage Legislation. 2022 Sep 27:10234184. Epub forward of print.
- Messinger JC, Kesselheim AS, Vine SM, Fischer MA, Barenie RE. Associations Between Copays, Coverage Limits for Naloxone, and Prescribing in Medicaid. Subst Abuse. 2022 Sep 29;16:11782218221126972.
- Olivier T, Haslam A, Prasad V. Dose modification rules and availability of growth factor support: A cross-sectional study of head-to-head cancer trials used for US FDA approval from 2009 to 2021. Eur J Most cancers. 2022 Sep;172:349-356. Epub forward of print.
- Walia A, Haslam A, Prasad V. FDA validation of surrogate endpoints in oncology: 2005-2022. J Most cancers Coverage. 2022 Sep 22;34:100364. Epub forward of print.
- Wouters OJ, Feldman WB, Tu SS. Product Hopping in the Drug Industry – Lessons from Albuterol. N Engl J Med. 2022 Sep 29;387(13):1153-1156. Epub forward of print.
The put up Monthly Round-Up of What to Read on Pharma Law and Policy appeared first on Bill of Health.